Give every child in Newark a high quality education
The Newark Public School District is the largest school system in New Jersey with a student population of more than 40,000. In 2008-2009, 0nly 54% of high school students graduated and 38% enrolled in college.
Now, with Mark Zuckerberg's recently announced $100 million grant and Newark's determination, we have an unprecedented opportunity to create the highest quality public education system in the world.
Join the cause to learn about this incredible initiative, stay connected to others who share our goal, and create a movement for educational opportunity in Newark!
1. Every school-aged child in Newark should have access to a high quality education that prepares them for success and a better quality of life
2. Elevate the potential of public education in the City of Newark, throughout New Jersey and across the nation
3. The best way to improve our nation’s future is to create the highest quality public education system in the world
4. Investing in educational excellence today will create the foundation for Newark’s prosperity and competitiveness in the decades ahead
5. Newark will become a national model for leveraging private philanthropy to improve an urban school system