IDE creates income opportunities for poor rural households.
IDE is a unique international non-profit organization that has been helping poor farmers in developing countries escape poverty for more than 25 years. IDE has pioneered a market-based approach that has enabled millions to permanently escape poverty. IDE uses business principles to facilitate unsubsidized market systems in which the rural poor can participate effectively as micro-entrepreneurs and earn income. In this way, our programs create an environment that helps small farmers progress from subsistence agriculture to commercial farming, beginning an upward spiral out of chronic deprivation and vulnerability
1. We believe in the right of poor women and men to a secure livelihood
2. We believe that markets can be a powerful force for poverty reduction
3. We listen to and learn from the people we work with
4. We value innovation and entrepreneurship
5. We have confidence in our ability to make a significant difference