Building a Better World for Children
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
1. We help people to discover and use their own vision, skills, and resources to move from abject poverty to abundant living.
2. We target critical needs: clean water, reliable food supplies, access to basic health care, access to education, and income-generating microeconomic development.
3. We respond to sudden natural disasters and slow-building humanitarian emergencies around the world.
4. We save lives and reduce suffering by tracking crises, pre-positioning emergency supplies for immediate response, and remaining after the crisis to rebuild and restore communities.
5. We engage a worldwide AIDS Hope Initiative of prevention and care, especially for widows, orphans, and vulnerable children, that brings a compassionate Christian response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic.