SOAR runs national awareness, education and prevention programs to empower survivors of sexual violence and enhance the public's understanding and acceptance of rape victims.
SOAR provides programs to empower survivors of sexual violence.
1) SOAR SPA (Something Positive Afterward) - retreats for survivors and support persons to heal body, mind, and spirit.
2) Living Out Loud - workshops designed to offer to the healing benefits of laughter through the shared experience of improv comedy.
3) TEAM SOAR - a speaker's bureau made up of 25 survivors of sexual violence who share their stories to educate, inspire,and motivate.
4) Operation Freefall: The Two-Mile High Stand Against Sexual Assault - a day of skydiving to raise awareness of sexual violence.
5) Don't Skirt The Issue - a clothing line with a purpose. Skirts are hand made from donated pillowcases, neckties, t-shirts, and fabric then sold retail to raise funds for SOAR's program.
1. SOAR believes all victims of sexual violence have the ability to heal with the proper support from the community.
2. Survivors are strong and courageous.
3. It is not enough to be a survivor. SOAR believes in becoming a thriver!