To pair impoverished, disadvantaged children with rescued, abused, neglected horses that give them lives worth living.
"Kim Meeder, along with her husband, Troy, owns and operates Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch in Central Oregon. Crystal Peaks is a nonprofit organization that rescues abused and neglected horses and pairs them with disadvantaged children, offering the children a place of safety, peace, and hope. In 2004 she was honored at the Jefferson National Celebration of Service to America with the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Award for greatest public service benefiting the local community. In 2006 this Ranch of Rescued Dreams won the 2006 NWHS Charity of the Year."
"One of Kim Meeder's first riding experiences came at the age of nine, on the day of her parents' funeral. Riding quickly became a healing refuge for her after the shock of their murder-suicide. By the love of a little mare (female horse) and a merciful God, the young girl's life was saved. This saving grace was a portent of what was to come, years later, when Kim and her husband, Troy, made the decision to transform a former rock quarry into a small ranch. In 1996, Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch (CPYR) was born. CPYR is a unique nonprofit organization that rescues abused and neglected horses and pairs them with seeking children. The ranch's program pairs one child with one horse, guided by one leader, 100 percent of the time. All this is done free of charge. The ranch supports twenty-five horses and meets the needs of four to five thousand visitors every year. CPYR works closely with nearly every organization that deals with youth and families. Although the ranch activities are designed for youth at risk, all children of all ages are welcome."
1. We believe in rescuing children and horses so that they may in turn save one another.
2. We believe in showing children and families across the nation that, even in the most dire times and during the most disadvantaged circumstances, that unconditional love exists.
3. We believe in supporting "a place where the impossible flourishes, where dreams survive the inferno of reality-- a place where hope rises."
4. Please contribute to the "Horse Rescue Fund" in order to alleviate "horse purchase, transportation and quarantine expenses."
5. Please contribute to "Horse Care Fund" -- "CPYR (Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch) is committed to quality care for the abused horses. Veterinary and farrier expenses are extremely high with rescue horses."
6. Please contribute to the "Grass Hay Fund" -- "CPYR uses between 150 and 180 tons of high quality grass hay per year. Contribute financially or call with local hay donations."
7. Please note that we believe that any child can benefit from the support of CPYR. We are open to any child, any adult, anyone who could benefit from our services.