Neighbors Helping Neighbors' mission is to empower low and moderate income Brooklyn residents to secure quality housing and build financial assets.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors is based in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The organization’s mission is to empower low and moderate-income people to secure quality housing and build assets. Immediate goals are to:
- Help low and moderate-income people purchase their first home with an affordable, sustainable mortgage;
- Help homeowners keep their homes in the face of the sub-prime lending and foreclosure crises;
- Help low-income tenants maintain their affordable housing through counseling and advocacy; and
- Maintain the ethnic and economic diversity of Sunset Park.
NHN is proud of our recent achievements. In 2006 we helped 54 people become first-time homebuyers and provided financial and homebuyer education to 214 people. We helped 270 low-income tenants understand their rights and improve their housing situation. We also revamped our Homeownership Program, expanded outreach, and began developing new collaborations.
Check us out online: www.nhnhome.org
1. Safe affordable housing should be available to all, regardless of income.
2. Affordable housing in NYC should be preserved.
3. We should help homeowners keep their homes in the face of the sub-prime lending and foreclosure crises.