Raising Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness, Supporting Families with Information and Friendship, and Advocating for more CDH Research
CHERUBS was founded in 1995 to support families of children born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) and to increase awareness, research possible causes and better treatments for CDH.
Currently, CHERUBS website has over 4500 members in 60 countries and all 50 states. CHERUBS is an IRS approved 501(c)III organization.
CDH is a devastating birth defect, affecting 1 in every 2500 babies. It occurs when the diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing the abdominal organs to enter the chest cavity and prevent lung growth. CDH has a 50% survival rate. The cause is not known.
For more information on CHERUBS and CDH, please visit our web site at http://www.cdhsupport.org
Donations go to providing newly diagnosed families with information about Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia through our CDH Information Packets. Donations will also go to keeping our web site up, which provides valuable information and support to 1000's of families affected by CDH.
All donations are tax-deductible and very much needed and appreciate. Please donate directly through our web site at - http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/index.php
Our mission is to:
1. Increase Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness
2. Research Causes, Prevention and best treatments of CDH
3. Offering Information and Support to Families affected by CDH
4. Creating and maintaining an international support system for families affected by CDH
5. Provide information and personal support items to families through Gabe's Gifts