The Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe will post updates as occurs.
TRIBAL CHAIRMAN’S OFFICE
PO BOX 590
Eagle Butte, S.D. 57625
Telephone: (605) 964-4155
Fax: (605) 964-4151 Email:[email protected]
Cell (605)365-6548 Chairman, Joseph J. Brings Plenty, Sr.
Chairman Brings Plenty and the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe thanks you! Thank you everyone so much for all of the contributions and donations. We are humbled and forever grateful. When the emergency subsides we will be sharing a full accounting of how the resources have been utilized. We are now asking everyone's assistance in shifting focus to requests for federal disaster relief and the longer term task of fixing our damaged water infrastructure. Our battered water infrastructure, Treatment Plant and water pipeline needs to be rebuilt to prevent these catastrophe in the future. Specifically we need:
(1) Please call your two Senators (Capitol Switchboard (202) 224-3121)
(2) Ask for the staffer working on the Jobs Bill or their “water appropriations” staffer
(3) Ask them/Or leave a message asking for $90 million to the Army Corps for the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe water infrastructure project
(4) Any additional calls to the United States Department of Agriculture, the Department of Interior, or the White House are also helpful
To explain the need for water infrastructure, since the late 1950's our tribe was forced to move from our original Tribal Head Quarters, known as the Old Agency on Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe, which was located on the river bottom.. The Tribal leaders during this time, built schools, hospitals and our own police department with tribal dollars.. All is under water now.. The book "Dammed Indians" the Pick-Sloan Act and the forced move on our tribal people as well as other tribes, up and down the Missouri River. This was done to make way for the Dam built to make Hydro Power for the government, our precious resource of water is utilized to generate billions of dollars worth of electricity yearly, for the United States Government.
With out our water infrastructure, we cannot build new homes, cannot build on any new development, its keeping an impoverished nation, impoverished. With this support, I'm confident that the goal is achievable..
Chairman Joseph Brings Plenty
msnbc Countown with Keith Olbermann "Helping Americans in Need"
Official Website of The Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe:
MAIL: Benita Clark, Tribal Treasurer, P.O. Box 590, Eagle Butte, SD 57625,
make checks payable to the "Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe CRST 2010 Disaster."
WIRE: United Bkrs Bloomington ABA# 091 001 322; Beneficiary Bank or Beneficiary: Account# 250 3373,
State Bank of Eagle Butte; Beneficiary of Final Credit: Account Holder@UBB Customers Bank;
Account Holder: Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe CRST 2010 Disaster, Routing #:091409351, Account #: 103173
PHONE CALLS regarding donations: Contact Benita Clark, Tribal Treasurer, Finances, Incident
Contact: Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe
Tribal Chairmans Office
1. The reservation has 95% of restored power back to homes.
2. The water system is operational, some issues with water pressure and line breaks. Tests are being done, waiting on results.
3. The Tribe hopes to secure vital resources and donations, will be used to address damaged homes and improve shelter infrastructure.
4. Tribe will continue to asses the 5% of the homes dealing with no electricity and some with out water, resources are being focused to these residences.
5. Costs to the tribal government, utility companies have been assesed by Fema, tribe awaits response.