That's right! Four days left.
Here's what you need to know for Election Day:
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, May 18. Polling places will be limited since this is a special election. You may not be voting at your regular polling place.
To find your polling place for the May 18 election, visit http://www.arizonaeducationnetwork.com/2010/02/aen-voter-guide-important-dates-information-and-resources/.
If you received a ballot by mail and have NOT mailed it yet, please remember to vote YES and take it to your polling place or your county recorder's office.
Let's Get the Vote Out for Proposition 100!
We've been asked by many education supporters what they can do in the final days before the May 18 election to help get the word out. Here are a few ideas, as well as contact information for organized efforts in the Tucson area:
1. HOLD SIGNS ON ELECTION DAY - Tuesday, May 18
Hold "VOTE YES TODAY ON PROPOSITION 100" signs outside of your school at drop-off and at pick-up. Remember to stand off of your school grounds. If you plan on holding a sign at your school, please sign up here with your name, the school you plan to cover and whether you will at drop-off, pick-up or both.
2. SEND EMAIL, TWEETS, AND FACEBOOK MESSAGES to your family and friends encouraging them to vote Yes on Proposition 100. For a sample email letter, click visit http://www.arizonaeducationnetwork.com/2010/04/prop-100-tool-kit-everything-you-need-to-get-the-word-out-in-your-community/ for a message to send your friends.
3. MAKE PHONE CALLS TO VOTERS. If you live in the Tucson area and are interested placing calls to potential voters, contact Marisela de Solis Kester with the Proposition 100 campaign in Tucson at [email protected]. There will be opportunities to make phone calls in the evenings and during this upcoming weekend.
4. PAINT YOUR CAR. Paint your windows with the message "Vote Yes on 100". You can buy window chalk at Michael's, ACE Hardware or your local 99-Cent store. Have a window painting party at your next baseball game or swim practice.
5. HELP HAND OUT FLYERS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA GRADUATION CEREMONIES. The Arizona Student Association is looking for volunteers to help hand out Proposition 100 materials this Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. If you are interested, contact David Martinez at [email protected]. Volunteers will meet at 7 a.m. in the ASUA offices on the third floor of the Student Union.
For more Proposition 100 information and resources, please visit www.arizonaeducationnetwork.com.
Arizona Education Network