support courageous movements bringing to life citizen-led solutions to hunger, poverty, and environmental devastation around the world.
The Small Planet Fund was launched as a volunteer-led, community effort to support eight core grantees working to address the roots of hunger worldwide. Through an anonymous donation. the Fund is also now able to make emergency grants to additional groups throughout the world for whom a relatively small infusion of resources can make a world of difference.
Since we launched the Fund, two of our core grantees who have been honored with the Nobel Peace Prize: Dr. Muhammad Yunus and colleagues at the Grameen Bank and Wangari Maathai and the Green Belt Movement. And in just a few years with relatively small donations, we have been able to raise and give away more than $300,000.
The Small Planet Fund is a project of RSF Social Finance, so when you support RSF be sure to let them know you'd like the money to go to the Small Planet Fund.
1. Ensure that access to safe and nutritious foods is a human right
2. Celebrate and safeguard local traditions, rural communities, family farmers, and indigenous knowledge.
3. Promote farming practices that foster healthy workers, communities, and environment.
4. Celebrate and safeguard local traditions, rural communities, family farmers, and indigenous knowledge.
5. Evolve capitalism to support the social good.