everyminute.org is a grassroots campaign advocating for an increase in public funding to defeat depression, bipolar and other mental health problems to prevent suicide and to improve quality of life.
everyminute.org is uniting the friends and family of those affected by mental health problems like depression and bipolar into a movement that results in a transformation of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders, paving the way for a cure.
This campaign is a unique coalition bringing together thousands of organizations and millions of Americans into a united front lobbying Congress to defeat mental illness.
1. Every minute a suicide is attempted by an individual with a mental health problem.
2. Every minute mental health problems costs the economy over $600,000.
3. More than 57 million adults and 1 out of 5 children suffer from a diagnosable mental illness in the States.
4. Research funding is flat, failing to cover the pace of inflation.
5. An acceleration in research will create better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat illness, paving the way for a cure.