A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM NORML's NATIONAL DIRECTOR ALLEN ST. PIERRE
December 10, 2008
Dear friend of cannabis freedom,
Congratulations and welcome to the NORML family! By joining the 750,000+ concerned citizens who have voiced their support for NORML on Facebook or MySpace, you have engaged in an important first step toward ending our government's oppressive war on weed. This holiday season, NORML is urging you to take the next step by participating in our ‘Re:Legalize!’ online fundraiser this week. (http://www.norml.org/relegalize)
Your contribution will help to assure that NORML can continue its vital work in 2009 and beyond.
NORML's efforts include:
- Introducing the first federal bill in Congress in more than 30 years seeking to end all penalties for the possession and use of marijuana;
- Coordinating the first Congressional hearings in more than a decade in favor of the legal use of medical cannabis;
- Lobbying in favor of HIGHER EDUCATION ACT (HEA) legal reforms to overturn the government's cruel and senseless ban on student aid for convicted cannabis smokers;
- Testifying in favor of marijuana law reform before dozens of state legislatures across the nation; (http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4417)
- Educating patients and physicians on the latest scientific and medical breakthroughs regarding the therapeutic use of cannabis; (http://norml.org/index.cfm/pdf_files/index.cfm?...)
- Providing the public with the only available US state-by-state breakdown of criminal and civil marijuana laws; (http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516)
- Producing the most popular marijuana information and reform podcast, NORML's Daily Audio Stash, which now receives over 3 million downloads per year; (www.normlaudiostash.com)
- Coordinating the only national network of criminal defense attorneys and experts who are available to assist NORML members day or night; (http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3402)
- Working with the media to become the most quoted and trusted source for marijuana-related information; (http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/3...
- Organizing the only annual marijuana-law reform conferences and legal seminars held in the United States. (http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7250)
NORML has always been a grassroots advocacy effort and cannot continue to grow this vital work without your help. By donating today, for as little as $5.00 you can help us protect and serve the tens of millions of Americans who use cannabis to enhance their lives. Your online activism and generosity during the Re-Legalize fundraiser this week can help us represent the millions more who recognize the failure of marijuana prohibition.
More than 35 years ago, NORML set out on a path to legalize marijuana. But we can't achieve this goal by ourselves. Please help us liberate all Americans from the shackles of pot prohibition. Our efforts, along with your contribution today, can help us end marijuana prohibition once and for all. Will you join us?
Thank you in advance for your generous support of NORML. As I look forward to 2008, I’m heartened by how much we've already achieved, and I’m motivated by how far we have yet to come. Let this be the year that each of us pledge to do all that we can to finally bring an end to pot prohibition -- for the safety of America's children, for the health of our sick and dying, and ultimately, for the betterment of us all.
Help us re-legalize marijuana. Make your charitable donation to NORML right now!
Allen St. Pierre
Member, Board of Directors
1. Stop arresting smokers.
2. Freedom is NORML.
3. It's not for everyone, but it's not a crime.
4. Working to reform marijuana laws.