The Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA) protects and promotes the rights and opportunities of immigrants and refugees across the Commonwealth.
read more: miracoalition.org
MIRA succeeds in mobilizing community groups and immigrant leaders to speak out with one voice about issues that affect them. Combining capacity building, technical assistance, community education and policy advocacy with community organizing and civic participation, we are committed to fairness for immigrants and to sound public policies. With more than 100 organizational members, MIRA is a respected state and national leader on immigrant issues, and an authoritative source of information for policymakers, the media, and immigrant communities.
The Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA) is the only organization in Massachusetts that brings together groups serving immigrants and refugees from many parts of the world, of various nationalities, races, and ethnicities. MIRA is a dynamic, multi-ethnic, multi-racial coalition that actively involves hundreds of grassroots immigrant organizations, human services agencies, legal service providers, religious groups, and human rights groups in cooperative efforts to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees.
Join the Facebook group for action updates: http://facebook.com/group.php?gid=2399288294
1. Federal Immigration Reform
2. Equal access to higher education
3. Helping new Americans in their path to citizenship
4. Access to health care and other benefits
5. Support for job training and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
6. Preventing violence and discrimination against immigrants.
7. Opposing harsh law enforcement actions like the New Bedford raids.