2 encourage artists of all ages to express their visions and messages of peace with sidewalk chalk.
In its seventh year as a global event, more than a quarter million "CHALKSTARS" have joined CHALK4PEACE, creating artwork that is the equivalent of sidewalk 60 miles long and 5 feet wide. We seek ten million people to join us in this massive artistic expression for peace.
We organize, encourage, guide and attend events worldwide. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) arts organization.
1. 2 promote the arts by coordinating assemblies of artists of all ages to draw their vision of peace in public & private spaces with sidewalk chalk.
2. 2 advocate 4 peace in a non-partisan manner such that all people can share their vision w/o regard to nationality, ethnicity, or political beliefs.
3. 2 encourage relationships between municipalities & artists so that communities globally become united in supporting the expression of peace.
4. This project is global, with over 400 sites since 2006 and takes place every September and October around the International Day of Peace.
5. CHALK4PEACE is being integrated into educational systems in more than 40 countries. Sponsors include Loew Cornell, Festival Clown & Clown, Unicef Macerata IT and others.