We are dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts.
Americans For The Arts.org is the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. With 48 years of service, we are dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts.
With offices in Washington, DC and New York, and more than 5,000 organizational and individual members and stakeholders across the country, we are focused on three primary goals:
1. Foster an environment in which the arts can thrive and contribute to the creation of more livable communities.
2. Generate more public- and private-sector resources for the arts and arts education.
3. Build individual appreciation of the value of the arts.
To achieve our goals, we partner with local, state, and national arts organizations; government agencies; business leaders; individual philanthropists; educators; and funders throughout the country. We provide extensive arts industry research, and information and professional development opportunities for community arts leaders via specialized programs and services, including a content-rich website and an annual national convention.
Americans for the Arts produces annual events that heighten national visibility for the arts, including Arts Advocacy Day in Washington, DC; the Nancy Hanks Lecture on Arts and Public Policy; the National Arts Awards; and the Public Leadership in the Arts Awards (in cooperation with the U.S. Conference of Mayors). Local arts organizations in communities throughout the country benefit from special national projects such as the Animating Democracy project, the YouthARTS Resource Initiative, and the National Arts Education Public Advertising Campaign with the Ad Council.
1. Lead and serve individuals and organizations to help build environments in which the arts and arts education th
2. Generate meaningful public and private sector policies and more leaders and resources for
3. Build individual awareness and appreciation of the value of the arts and arts education.
Americans for the Arts
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 52-1996467)