The League Against Cruel Sports was established in 1924, and works to end cruelty to animals in the name of sport.
The League Against Cruel Sports is a registered charity (Registered Charity Number 1095234). and campaigns to prevent all forms of cruelty to animals by the production and distribution of educational and awareness raising publicity and information.
It is important to recognise the contribution charity status can bring to these campaigns - the League is now attracting lots of new people to the cause and the extra funds raised this year through gift aid donations from these new supporters makes it possible to do so much more to end cruel sports in the UK and abroad.
1. The League campaigns to ensure that hunts obey the Hunting Act and do not engage in cruelty.
2. The League campaigns to ban the manufacture, sale and use of snares - silent killers in the countryside.
3. The League campaigns to abolish all forms of bullfighting everywhere in the world.
4. The League believes that is wrong to kill or cause suffering to any animal in the name of sport.
5. The League campaigns for regulation of the greyhound racing industry to protect the welfare of the dogs.