To connect you with a volunteer opportunity that makes a meaningful, rewarding change in the Portland area.
Get started in your own community. Hands On Greater Portland can help. We will connect you with a volunteer opportunity that makes a meaningful, rewarding change in the Portland area. Build a house. Tutor a child. Care for abandoned pets. Build hiking trails. Lead a volunteer group. Join a nonprofit Board.
Whether you are working, parenting, in school or retired, Hands On Greater Portland offers you a variety of ways to get involved while meeting your schedule and interests. Volunteer for a one-time project. Volunteer for a few weeks. Volunteer after work or on the weekends. Volunteer alone, with family, friends or co-workers.
When you volunteer with Hands On Greater Portland, you join people from all backgrounds and experiences. You get a chance to explore issues that shape our community and develop your leadership and job skills. Get connected. Get more done. Have fun. You might even change the world.
Hands On Greater Portland is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
1. Hands On Greater Portland values volunteer service as a powerful force for change and believes that service raises awareness of community needs and provides a platform for action.
2. Hands On Greater Portland values the leadership potential in everyone and believes in providing volunteers with opportunities to build leadership skills.
3. Hands On Greater Portland values its community partners. We believe that the best way to improve the community is to combine our experience with that of our partners. HOP also believes that helping our partners increase their volunteer capacity will incre
4. Hands On Greater Portland values the needs of its volunteers to engage in service opportunities that match their individual availability, interest, and capacity and believes in providing volunteers with a continuum of leadership and service opportunities.
5. # Hands On Greater Portland values results-based, meaningful volunteer service and believes that volunteers enrich their lives and the lives of others when they address our community's needs.
6. Hands On Greater Portland values the rich diversity of our community and believes that volunteer service provides an ideal opportunity for people to build mutual respect and understanding.
7. Hands On Greater Portland values efficiency and believes in leveraging human and financial resources for optimal impact.