Lynzay Legois Memorial Fund
St. Lucy Congregation, a Roman Catholic community of faith, accepts as its mission the opportunity to nurture and sustain the spiritual needs of our parish members and to provide the caring support and encouragement necessary to develop a life long faith in accord with our Roman Catholic tradition empowering all parish members to become compassionate Christ centered citizens in our global community by sharing their God-given talents and addressing the needs of those around them in light of the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
The Saint Lucy parish came into existence in 1917 in the Lakeside district of Racine, Wisconsin. Several immigrant ethnic groups collaborated to erect the first edifice, a modest sanctuary that served its purpose until a new school and gymnasium - temporary church were built beginning in 1958 at 3035 Drexel Avenue in Racine. The congregation worshipped at that location until a new church was completed in the spring of 1997.
The parish has always been heterogeneous, yet closely knit. The devoted have a long history of volunteerism. Whether the tasks required involved ground breaking to finishing touches of construction, raising funds for projects, providing supplies for the disadvantaged, decorating the grounds, or singing in the choir, there has never been a shortage of charity. We are committed to Catholic Education; we have a strong Religious Education program and a truly wonderful Catholic Grade (K4-8) School
Lynzay received the The Richard J Skilba Peace Maker Award in 2006 and Lynzay's Memorial funs is given out annually as a peace maker award to help fund continuing eduscation in Catholic Schools. for more information visit www.lynzay.org for
St. Lucy Catholic Church,
3101 Drexel Avenue, Racine WI
Rev. Mark R. Jones
1. Peace maker award to one Student anually
2. Cash award for continuting Catholic education
3. Lynzay was selected for Bishops Peace maker award early 2006