Quoted from www.wwf.ca;
" Founded in 1967, World Wildlife Fund Canada has become one of the country's leading conservation organizations, enjoying the active support of more than 150,000 Canadians. As a member of the WWF International network, we actively contribute to the achievement of the organization's mission:
To stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by:
* conserving the world's biological diversity
* ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable
* promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption
WWF Canada's 2000 - 2005 Conservation Program is tackling some of the most daunting conservation challenges facing the country, as well as the broader international community. Our energies are directed to completing a national network of marine protected areas, safeguarding the Arctic, supporting leading-edge research to protect Canadian wildlife and habitats, addressing priority conservation concerns for North America, and protecting Cuban wildlife and habitats.
WWF employs a range of tools to achieve its conservation results. These include field research, scientific mapping, policy initiatives, market solutions and public education. WWF works closely with local communities and others who share the common goal of protecting the natural world.
WWF's conservation results include the protection of 96 million acres of Canadian wilderness through the Endangered Spaces Campaign; the development and implementation of recovery plans for a number of species, including the St. Lawrence beluga whale and the right whale; the banning of carbofuran, a grasshopper spray implicated in the decline of the burrowing owl; and the protection of thousands of acres of tropical forests throughout Latin America."
1. To ensure and maintain support and cooperation with the WWF.
2. To support them in their endeavours and to support them in the safety and wellbeing of animals.
3. A Platform to plan, discuss, and promote community events for which the proceeds will be donated in full to the WWF.