About

To inform, educate, and bring awareness about how exposure to indoor molds and mycotoxins can affect your health.

September 2009 marks the 2nd anniversary of National Indoor Mold Society’s National Indoor Toxic Mold Awareness Month (NITMAM). We developed NITMAM to inform, educate, and bring awareness about how exposure to indoor molds and mycotoxins can affect your health. Currently, there are no Federal Government
Standards for indoor air quality regarding molds and mycotoxins. We all know that molds are everywhere, but when an abundance of molds are indoors, given the right conditions they can cause serious health consequences. Molds and the mycotoxins they produce have affected people from all walks of life and ages. They do not discriminate; even some well-known celebrities have been affected. Even if you can’t see or smell them in your school, workplace, or residence these mycotoxins are capable of affecting you, your family, your co-workers, classmates, or loved ones’ health. This information is provided to inform the public on the
preventable health and development problems that may be caused by exposure to toxic mold in your homes,
schools, places of worship, and communities.
National Indoor Mold Society is committed to working in partnership with stakeholders, international, national,and regional organizations. We invite organizations, health care professionals, businesses, schools, places of worship, and individuals suffering due to toxic mold exposure to join us in this event. Your help, no matter how
great or small your contribution to this effort may be, is needed and appreciated in order to “spread the word”.
We would like to say a great big “thank you” for everyone who supported NITMAM 2008 and now is supporting
NITMAM 2009.
We hope that you will join us in supporting this massive endeavor, which can only be done by partnering together in order to create ONE VOICE. Let's Break the Mold together!

1. Mycotoxins kill other things, like bacteria and viruses, so mold can continue to grow.

2. Mold spores, whether dead or alive, can cause adverse health effects.

3. There is no practical way to eliminate all molds and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moistu