To restore the rule of the people in goverment, to deny corporations the rights of personhood.
My cause regards the Rule of Corporations and the necessity it imposes upon We the People to Amend our Constitution.
The Rule of Corporations simply stated, is the domination of corporate interests in the halls of Congress, the control of the powers of the State by the wealthiest multinational corporations. Some have called it the “Golden Rule”: those who have the Gold, make the Rules!
Is this the type of government we have in the United States today? Am I overstating the case? Do corporations really run the country? Do they make our laws?
A brief look into the very recent past gives us a clear and unambiguous answer.
• During the last administration, the major credit card companies re-wrote our bankruptcy laws, denying credit card debt relief to misfortunate citizens who file for bankruptcy, often because of health related expenses.
• The oil and coal industries with their armies of lobbyists and bags of money eviscerated the environmental laws that protect wildlife and natural ecological systems, and the lives of citizens who depend upon the health of the natural world.
• The Health Insurance industry successfully lobbied to have the public option removed from the current attempts to reform a health system that is pushing more and more citizens into bankruptcy, while raking in unprecedented profits for the fortunate few who own the insurance giants.
• In the next few years, the major banks will be awarded Trillions of dollars of tax payer money, bailing out the banks that went belly-up gambling the wealth of the nation on speculative investment instruments. This could only happen in a Congress that removed the legal barriers dividing Commercial banks from Investment banks. The Glass-Steagall Act was rolled back by the CEOs and Corporate Banking Executives serving in the Clinton and Bush Administrations.
These and many other deplorable incidents should make it abundantly clear that the largest multinational corporations are now the New Rulers in America, and they are rewriting our laws to their benefit, becoming obscenely wealthy in the process, while the common person struggles to maintain a difficult existence.
What should be the response from the American People?
Should we succumb to the new Aristocracy, the new Ruling Elite? Should we prostrate ourselves before the new Kings of Capital?
We need not look any further than our founding documents for an answer to this question. Hear this!
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all persons are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”
What we need today is nothing less than a Constitutional Amendment.
Find out more on the movement to Amend here www.democracyUnincorporated.com and here: www.MoveToAmend.org
JOIN this worthy cause and tell others.
1. The First Amendment entitles people the rights of free speech and free assembly.
2. Corporations have steadily usurped these rights for themselves and are now attempting an outright coup detat through the corporatist-leaning Court.
3. We can only defeat this attempted coup at the local levels. Join me to find out how.