To spread awareness on the devestating effects of palm oil production on Orangutan population and habitat and present information regarding products containing palm oil .
- 300 football fields of Orangutan habitat deforested per hour by palm oil corporations (Guiness Book of Records)
-50 Orangutan being killed every week
- 10% of Orangutan population remaining in the world
- Of the two species of Orangutan:
Sumatran Orang-utan, 7000 remaining, 700 killed last year;
Bornean Orangutan, 30,000 remaining, 3,000 killed last year.
- Orangutan have slow breeding cycle of 7 - 10 years as they stay with each offspring for that long.
- Common products containing palm oil includes:
1. Provide facts on the practices of palm oil corporations.
2. Provide information on the plight of the Orangutan.
3. Present info on products containing palm oil & encourage supermarkets & other relevant corporations to give consumers a choice of oils in our products