Hello fans of Special Olympics!
Our cause just entered in America's Giving Challenge, which gives us a chance to win $50,000! To win, between now and November 7th we have to get the most donations to our cause (every person can donate once per day and have it count as a unique donation). We can also win daily awards of $1,000 and $500 if we can get the most people to donate in any 24-hour period.
The great thing about this Challenge is that it doesn't matter how much you give, but instead how much you do to encourage friends and family to get involved in our cause. We all need to come together and start promoting the cause if we want to win.
Each of us has tons of friends on Facebook who we can ask to donate to our cause via status updates and wall postings, but let's think big too! Here are some ideas:
- Put our cause in your email signature with an ask to donate and a link to http://causes.com/SpecialOlympics
- Throw a party and ask people to donate through the causes page (http://causes.com/SpecialOlympics) when they enter
- Organize other people to go out and fundraise thru their networks and friends
- Are you on Twitter? Tweet, "Help Special Olympics win $50k in America's Giving Challege! http://j.mp/NEkxU Pls RT!"
- Create a viral video to share why you are a fan of Special Olympics, asking people to donate to Special Olympics for the Giving Challenge at http://causes.com/SpecialOlympics and post it on your Facebook profile and You Tube and share it!!
As you reach out to your friends be sure to tell them why this cause matters to you. The possibilities are endless so let's share more ideas about what we can do to win on the Wall of the cause or by replying to this bulletin.
We can do this, but it's going to take all of us! You can check out the Giving Challenge (www.causes.com), then visit our cause to see how we're doing so far and get involved. http://causes.com/SpecialOlympics
Let's win $50,00 for Special Olympics!