Women from Burma working as domestic workers in Thailand often do not get any days off at all. They are calling for one day paid leave a week. They are calling for recognition of their work as work.
Domestic workers from Burma working in Thailand invite you support them to call for one day paid leave a week and recognition of their work as work!
1. There are around 200,000 domestic workers in Thailand from Burma, Cambodia and Lao.
2. Domestic work is seen as a women's duty and thus has not been included in labour laws. Without domestic workers, many households could not function.
3. Domestic workers will submit their calls to the Ministry of Labour on August 28th
4. The ILO will discuss the working conditions and protection of domestic workers in its congress next year
5. visit www.mapfoundationcm.org