Without establishing credibility of the basic premises of chiropractic and SOT, there is no foundation to build upon for additional research.
Much of the research in chiropractic is unfocused and undirected. Determining fundamental priorities is essential for the profession and even more important for a small research organization such as De Jarnette SORSI. While research for research's sake has a certain intrinsic value, we do not have the luxury of such endeavours. The research that is conducted by De Jarnette SORSI should have intent to serve the needs of the organization as a whole and the community that the organization, in turn, serves. It needs to foster interest and enthusiasm as well as credibility concerning De Jarnette SOT and De Jarnette Craniopathy.
Furthermore, research priorities embraced by De Jarnette SORSI research should be reasonable, attainable and no more complex than our resources allow. It is also essential that initial research be focused upon the exploration and understanding of the fundamental concepts of De Jarnette SOT. Without establishing credibility of the basic premises of chiropractic and De Jarnette SOT, there is no foundation to build upon for additional research. The core tenets and beliefs of De Jarnette SOT are not widely accepted, nor were they scientifically established in the literature. Therefore, research should be limited to and focused upon our fundamental tenets.
1. Promote studies involving educational strategies to enhance practitioner efficacy in Chiropractic, SOT and SOT Craniopathic procedures
2. Promote patient satisfaction studies involving Chiropractic, SOT and SOT Craniopathic treatments.
3. Explore and establish cranial bone motion and its relationship to human health and disease.
4. Explore and evaluate the relationships between the human pelvis and cranium.
5. Promote case studies involving the use of Chiropractic, SOT and SOT Craniopathic procedures.