Save People and Wildlife at the same time. Protect humans, save elephants.
15 km of solar powered electric fence need to be installed to minimise the damage to lives and property and avoid futher harm and suffering of the remaining elephants in and around Thuma Forest Reserve, in particular along its eastern boundary.
While WAG promised to provide the financial and technical support, the affected local communities will be involved and contribute to the project by maintaining the fence and solar power station and are looking forward to the installation of the fence, since elephants are leaving the Forest Reserve frequently to raid adjoining farmland, which has led to the dead of people.
The human-wildlife conflict is already affecting the local participation in supporting the conservation efforts in Thuma Forest Reserves and the Wildlife Action Group International feels strongly that it must be part of responsible conservation management to carry out appropriate measures to avoid crop damage.
Project costs of 26.000 Euro include all fencing material, solar power station and labour costs.
Please assist and donate now:
Wildlife Action Group International e.V.:
IBAN: DE65 7116 0000 0003 0118 01
or donate using PayPal
1. 15 km of solar powered electric fence need to be installed to minimize the damage to lives and property in&around Thuma Forest Reservr
2. Elephants leaving in the Reserve frequently to raid adjoining gardens of poor people, which has led to the dead of a one person.
3. If there is no other quick solution, crop raiding elephants endangering people might be shot!!
4. The human-wildlife conflict is affecting the local participation in supporting the conservation efforts in Thuma Forest Reserve
5. People are loosing their food and lives. Elephant might get killed because of that too. An urgent solution is in your hand