Gateway Homeless Services provides safe, nurturing emergency shelter services that empower homeless women, children and families to move into transitional and independent housing.
Visit us online at www.gatewayhomeless.org to learn more or make a contribution!
Critical Success Factors:
Facilities: A safe, nurturing emergency shelter facility for residents, staff, volunteers and community leaders
Core Programming: Empowering people in transition so that they can take the personal steps that are necessary to move into housing, thereby increasing our referrals to transitional housing and decreasing the average length of stay of all residents at GHS
Organizational Leadership: Building relationships of trust and mutual benefit with organizations and individuals in the St. Louis City/County Continuum of Care to End Homelessness, establishing Gateway’s leadership in emergency shelter services
1. Housing First Strategies:
2. Prevention: Helping families in crisis to keep the housing they already have
3. Rapid Re-housing: Moving families quickly out of emergency shelter and into permanent housing
4. Targeted Services: Determining what families need and linking families to targeted resources
5. Tracking Results: Collecting and sharing data to improve program management and planning