We are here to educate about domestic violence.
It is the mission of the Domestic Violence Program of North Central Oklahoma, Inc. to end the cycle of violence in people's lives. In order to do so, DVPNCO offers safe housing and support services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Through these services, we aim to educate and encourage victims to break the cycle of violence as we work to eliminate the occurrence of domestic violence and sexual assault.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A VICTIM:
1. The right to request charges be pressed against your assailant.
2. The right to request protection from any harm or threat of harm arising out of your cooperation with law enforcement and prosecution efforts as far as facilities are available and to be provided with information on the level of protection available.
3. The right to be informed of financial assistance and other social services as a result of being a victim, including information on how to apply for the assistance and services; and
4. Rape victims have the right to a free medical examination for the procurement of evidence to aid in the prosecution of your assailant.
-24 HOUR CRISIS LINE
-INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP COUNSELING
-RAPE CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM
-REFERRALS AND INTERVENTIONS FOR ABUSIVE INDIVIDUALS
For those experiencing abuse, confidential shelter services are available. Food, clothing and other necessities are provided to both adults and children in crisis. A supportive environment is provided by trained staff allowing the victim to plan their future in an atmosphere of safety.
A 24 hour crisis line is offered by DVPNCO for those experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault. This confidential service is offered by trained personnel to those in crisis.
24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-580-762-2873
Collect calls are accepted from those outside of the Ponca City area who are in crisis.
Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-522-3511
Counseling is crucial in breaking the cycle of violence. DVPNCO offers confidential individual and group counseling by trained professionals.
DVPNCO provides educational programs for schools and other groups about domestic violence, sexual assault, and related topics.
RAPE CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM:
The sexual assault response team is composed of trained staff and volunteers who respond to calls involving sexual assault.
A trained court advocate assists victims in applying for protective orders and other legal matters.
DVPNCO provides valuable services to victims and their families. Our volunteers play a large role in providing these services. Opportunities include transportation, advocacy, rape response, babysitting, clerical or other areas of service.
A necessary element of our services is maintaining the confidentiality of our clients. This allows clients to share their concerns without fear that information is being disclosed. DVPNCO is dedicated to maintaining this confidentiality appropriately.
1. We believe that domestic violence is NEVER okay
2. According to our annual report we served 249 women and children in 2009.
3. As of August 14th there have been 64 domestic violence related homicides in Oklahoma this year.