Peconic Baykeeper is a non-profit organization that works to protect and sustain the South Shore and Peconic bays of Long Island.
Peconic Baykeeper’s mission is to protect and sustain the South Shore and Peconic Bays of Long Island by working to improve water quality and productivity in these ecosystems, while emphasizing the intrinsic connection between our bays and our communities.
1. Realize the full potential of the 289 acres of Peconic Bay bottomlands gifted to Peconic Baykeeper by Skip Tollefsen.
2. Advocate and assist Sag Harbor/East Hampton officials to replace existing Havens Beach drainage ditch to remediate polluted stormwater.
3. Brand Baywatch as “THE” source for scientific-based assessment of bay health
4. Monitor development proposals and discharge permits to ensure long-term protection of water quality, habitats, etc.
5. Develop our partnership with LightHawk (monitoring from the sky) to produce unique information.