I want to get a government funded mother and baby unit for the treatment of women suffering post natal depression,anxiety and other mood disorders in the NSW public health system.
1. Post natal depression affects around 1 in 7 women who give birth in Australia today.
2. One of the most important factors in the recovery for a woman suffering post natal depression is keeping mother and baby together.
3. In NSW there is only one 8-bed unit that exists in a private hospital,which is very financially prohibitive.
4. Left untreated post natal depression can have profound and negative effects on the woman,baby and her family!
5. Our children are our future and that future lies in the hands of the mothers and fathers who raise them!