The Mission of The Children's Center of Medina County is to create a respectful, safe and neutral environment that places priority on the needs of neglected and abused children.
In Medina County, there were 522 investigations of child abuse and neglect in 2008. We understand that even little kids can have big problems - the Children’s Center is where healing begins. Our home-like facility is full of childhood comforts, designed specifically for families. Our goals are to prevent, educate and heal in a family-supportive environment. We know that when you suspect abuse, it is distressing for you and your child. Our professional staff are compassionate to your needs and are expertly trained, offering a full spectrum of services to heal the physical and emotional wounds caused by abuse.
The Children's Center of Medina County was established in 2005 to enhance the coordination and implementation of special services required by children in foster care, children of sexual abuse, at risk youth and their caretakers.
1. Advocating, Educating, and Empowering children and those who provide for them.
2. To provide consistent and compassionate care and support to children and their non-offending caretaker(s).
3. To reduce the number of needed interviews for children who have experienced sexual abuse.
4. To increase the prosecution of those who sexually abuse children.
5. More information at: http://www.medinacountychildrenscenter.org