The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens fosters understanding of the interaction of people, wildlife, and their environment.
For over 90 years, the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens has been dedicated to inspiring the discovery and appreciation of wildlife through innovative experience in a caring environment. Starting in 1914 with an animal collection that consisted of one red deer fawn, the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens has grown to house more than 1,400 rare and exotic animals and over 1,000 unique plant species. The Jacksonville Zoo is a non-profit organization and is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). It is open year-round, seven days a week, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is located on Jacksonville’s north side at 370 Zoo Parkway, one-half mile east from I-95. The Zoo is open until 6:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays from March to Labor Day. For more information on the Zoo, log on to http://www.jacksonvillezoo.org.
1. Creating experiences that engage our guests.
2. Providing innovative educational opportunities.
3. Funding operations, expansion and programs through an entrepreneurial spirit.
4. Instilling passion in the next generation as responsible stewards of the future.
5. Visit http://www.jacksonvillezoo.org