Protecting our loved ones from smoking related death and disease.
International Union Against Cancer - UICC is the only international NGO dedicated uniquely to the global control of cancer.
Tobacco use is the largest preventable cause of cancer.
We urge worldwide Facebookers to send smoking hazard warning videos to their friends and relatives via Facebook on or before the '2009 World No Tobacco Day', May 31th. Together, we can save millions of lives...
1. Your power to encourage friends and loved ones to quit smoking is incredible!
2. One out of two long term smokers dies from smoking related causes. You can put a stop to this!
3. Each smoking death is a beloved family member or dear friend.
4. Tobacco use can kill in so many ways: It is a risk factor in 6 out of 8 of the leading causes of death worldwide.- DG, WHO, 2008
5. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemicals, more than fifty known or suspected carcinogens, and many potent irritants.