Dedicated to helping veterans and families of military personnel who have been killed or wounded while providing service to our country.
Destined for Greatness
Joe was twenty-five years old when his Apache helicopter crashed during a routine training mission in Kuwait ten days after his deployment from Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He accomplished much in his brief time on this earth. He graduated in 1997 from Reedley High School in Reedley, California. He went on to attend the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, where he graduated in 2001 with degrees in aerospace engineering and military science, and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Army Aviation Branch. Joe was a third-generation West Point alumnus following in the footsteps of his paternal grandfather and namesake, Joe Fenton Lusk, a 1946 graduate, and his uncle Patrick Lusk who graduated in 1976.
Joe was hardworking, fun-loving, honest, loyal, and kind. He lived a life filled with purpose and dedication to family, friends, and career. When he worked, he worked and when he played, he played, and he did both with determination and a lightness of spirit. Joe was an equal opportunity kid! He treated everyone with the same magical charm. We believe Joe was destined for greatness. We would like to help him achieve that greatness through this foundation.
Our mission is simple ... to help as many people as possible in Joe's name.
Our current focus is to provide financial assistance to families of military personnel who have been killed or wounded while providing service to our country.
Our vision includes...
* Continuing local scholarships
* Providing scholarships to children of military personnel killed or wounded in service to our country
* Assisting military personnel who have been injured in the line of duty
* Assisting families of those who have been killed while providing service to our country
* Providing educational and athletic outreach programs to elementary, middle school and high school students
* Providing support to veterans organizations
1. Kevin Lusk: President/CEO