Our mission is to create the environments and capacity needed to build and sustain a thriving, multicultural Silver Spring.
IMPACT Silver Spring was created in 1999 to support the Silver Spring, Maryland, community as it faced the challenges and opportunities presented by extreme demographic and economic change.
IMPACT brings people together across lines of race, class, and culture to collaborate and share power for positive change.
Currently, our major projects focus on building successful multicultural schools and on the transformation of social service delivery in Montgomery County.
United Way #8579
1. Our individual well-being is connected to that of our neighbors.
2. A thriving community can emerge from an engaged web of diverse people and groups.
3. Relationships of trust are the core ingredient in creating a diverse web--leading to small acts with large impact.
4. We are the leaders we have been waiting for.
5. Power is infinite and can be shared for the good of all.