A group of 24 charities campaigning to end unfair prescription charges for people with long-term medical conditions
We are the Prescription Charges Campaign – a group of 24 UK charities calling on the Government to end unfair prescription charges for people with long-term medical conditions.
Show your support for the campaign by signing our e-petition on the Directgov website: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/25087.
If it gets more than 100,000 signatures it could be debated in Parliament.
In September 2010, the Government stated that they would not introduce free prescriptions at this time, but would look at ways to introduce ‘more fairness’ in the system.
We believe the Government has an opportunity to do more to help people with long term conditions who are struggling to afford their medicines in the current difficult economic climate.
This is why we are now calling on the Government to freeze the cost of prescriptions until the end of the Parliament.
As many people with long term conditions use Prescription Prepayment Certificates (PPCs) to spread the cost of their medicines and save money, we are also calling for the Government to continue last year’s freeze on the cost of PPCs until the end of the Parliament.
Finally, we want the Government to work towards making prescriptions free for people with long term medical conditions in the future.
You can help by signing our e-petition: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/25087.
Please also help to spread the word by inviting your friends to join this cause.
Membership of the Coalition
- Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome Support Group - www.aissg.org
- Arthritis Care - www.arthritiscare.org.uk
- Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus - www.asbah.org
- Asthma UK - www.asthma.org.uk
- Behcets Syndrome Society - www.behcets.org.uk
- British Heart Foundation – www.bhf.org.uk
- British Liver Foundation - www.britishlivertrust.org.uk
- Diabetes UK - www.diabetes.org.uk
- Disability Alliance - www.disabilityalliance.org
- FibroAction - www.fibroaction.org
- Hughes Syndrome Association - www.hughes-syndrome.org
- Klinefelter’s Syndrome Association - www.ksa-uk.co.uk
- Motor Neurone Disease Association www.mndassociation.org
- MS Society - www.mssociety.org.uk
- National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society - www.nass.co.uk
- National Association for Colitis and Crohn’s Disease - www.nacc.org.uk
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society - www.rheumatoid.org.uk
- Parkinson's UK - www.parkinsons.org.uk
- Raynaud's and Scleroderma Association - www.raynauds.org.uk
- Rethink - www.rethink.org
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society www.rpharms.com
- Skin Care Campaign - www.skincarecampaign.org
- The Stroke Association - www.stroke.org.uk
- Terrence Higgins Trust - www.tht.org.uk