To “nurture the genius” of children and create a transformative learning system. www.momiestlc.com
The mission of M.O.M.I.E's TLC is to nurture the genius of children and create a transformative learning system.
M.O.M.I.E's implements a unique 3-pronged educational change strategy to address our children's urgent needs and achieve our mission:
* Providing high-quality direct services that are creative, culture-based learning programs for children, ages 5 to 12.
* Offering opportunities for parent and community involvement, advocacy, and training.
* Developing innovative, user-friendly educational tools, resources, and products for families and the community.
Currently, M.O.M.I.E's offers the following Programs and activities throughout the year:
* The After School Program
* The Safe Haven Summer Camp
* The Children's Gallery of Black History
* The Akenti Rites of Passage
* Parent and Community Engagement Initiatives
1. Supporting children during the early childhood and school-age years (5-12 years) with intensive culture-based education, opportunities, and services.
2. Providing integrated culture-based learning opportunities through our hands-on history curriculum, the Great Persons Series.
3. Offering larger community programs - like Children's Gallery of Black History - to advocate for more culture-based learning in educational settings.
4. Research indicates that children who foster a positive sense of “cultural pride" are better equipped to confront oppression and excel academically.
5. Incorporating holistic supports into Programs including academic support, leadership and conflict resolution development, and parent engagement.