Promote the advancement of college and university bands through dedicated service and support to bands; comprehensive education; leadership opportunities; and recognition.
Kappa Kappa Psi operates primarily as a student service and leadership recognition society whose chief aim is to assist the Director of Bands in developing the leadership and enthusiasm that is required of his/her band. Our goals are to provide the band not only with organized and concentrated service activities, but to give our membership valid and wholesome experiences in organization, leadership and social contacts. The honorary nature of membership is based on our premise that “it is an honor to be selected to serve” this band, its department of music, its sponsoring institution, and the cause of band music in the nation's colleges and universities.
1. To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
2. To honor outstanding bandmembers through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
3. To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
4. To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
5. To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.