CONGRATULATIONS! You've already met and exceeded our membership goal of 110,000! As of this announcement, we are at 110,414! Give yourselves a huge round of applause!
Should we raise our goal for November 1st? November is the 11th month of the year, so lets shoot for 111,000 by November 1st! WE CAN DO IT!
Our donation count has been rising too! We now have $9,811, up from $9,656 when the challenge was first posted. That's nearly $100 donated in just a matter of days!
Need help raising money? Here are some handy tips...
* Set a goal: This very simple thing is the key to successful fundraising. For example, let's say you set a personal goal of $100 ...
* Meet your goal: It's not hard, just ask 10 people for $10!
* Surpass your goal: It's as easy as mailing your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers.
* Double your dollars: Ask if your employer has a matching gifts program. And ask your donors if their employers will match their gifts.
* Personalize your letter with something that connects you directly to the person you are contacting.
* Consider asking the places you frequent for a donation—such as your hair stylist, dry cleaner, doctor, gym, coffee shop, favorite restaurant, etc.
* Use your holiday gift list or holiday card list as a source for additional fundraising opportunities.
* Follow up your letter with an email if you don’t hear from anyone within a week to let everyone know how important it is to you to help people with diabetes.
* Consider calling anyone you don’t have an address or email for and let them know the importance of the campaign you’re participating in.
* Most importantly …. say “Thank you”. Thank everyone who contributes to your campaign. It’s your efforts and their donations that help people with diabetes live better lives!
Also, be sure to take a look at this page to learn about other ways to support the ADA cause in your community: http://www.diabetes.org/support-the-cause.jsp
Thank you again for all of your continued support! Lets keep this going!