Back to Support the Parental Rights Amendment

PRA Amendment Is Being Introduced in Congress...CALLS NEEDED!

Action Item: Please Call!

1. Please call your congressman and ask him or her to contact Rep. Trent Franks’s office to sign on as an original cosponsor to the Parental Rights Amendment. You can find their contact information by clicking on your state at, or ask for them by name at the Capitol switchboard: 1-202-224-3121.

When you call, please be courteous and respectful. Many of these congressmen are friendly toward the Amendment, and the delays we have experienced have not been their fault. We don’t want to alienate them or their staffs with rudeness.

2. Please call your senators and give them the same message, asking them to contact Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina to sign on. You can find their information in the same places listed above.

Keep in mind that Capitol Hill staff are used to dealing with bill numbers for everything. So if they ask you for one, respectfully remind them that we are looking for original cosponsors, so there is no bill number yet. It is simply “the Parental Rights Amendment being proposed by” Rep. Franks or Sen. DeMint. You can also assure them that Rep. Franks or Sen. DeMint’s office is actively seeking cosponsors, so they will know what your lawmaker is talking about when he or she calls.

Read more here:{B982F314-00D7-4F75-A173-CCEA60709BCE}

Thank you so much for taking time to contact Congress!

1 comment

to comment