Please spread the word: The Cesar Chavez Institute offers FREE Tutoring for CA/AZ Children.
The Cesar Chavez Institute offers FREE Tutoring for CA/AZ Children.
Please spread the word!
"A word as to the education of the heart. We don't believe that this can be imparted through books; it can only be imparted through the loving touch of the teacher." --Cesar E. Chavez
CesarCesar Chavez believed in education and felt strongly that education developed our youth. He was born to parents who taught him the importance of hard work, respect, and education. He was born in a household that was predominantly Spanish language which made school harder. Cesar talked about being punished with a ruler to his knuckles for speaking Spanish in school. As the child of migrant farm workers he attended numerous different schools. Despite this Cesar was lucky. His parents encouraged him to learn and he went on to become an American hero as a civil and labor rights leader.
How can we ensure that children, who encounter similar obstacles as Cesar, are prepared for success, not set-up for failure? By getting them the extra help they need before it’s too late.
The Cesar Chavez Education Institute can help.
The Institute was established for the purpose of increasing the education opportunities available to students in schools who can benefit from extra instruction.
The Tutoring Program
• Students receive 40 hours of direct instruction across the school academic year. Tutoring instruction is based on student learning plans that are set up based on the student's pre-assessment test at the start of the program.
• The tutoring sessions are 2-3 hours per week (depending on students' skill/grade levels), twice a week. E.g. a K-1 session is not likely to be 1.5 hrs because of students' age and attention level.
• Tutoring is in small groups of 6 to 9 students in a highly structured instructional format.
• Instruction is provided for the English Language Learner.
• Sessions take place at the child's respective school or at nearby community center, library, or other neighborhood facility.
• Every 10 hours of instruction, the parents will receive a progress report on the student's progress or lack thereof. Changes in the student's learning plan are made in consultation with the parents. We are partners in their child's education.
DOES YOUR CHILD NEED TUTORING?
If you have a child in K-9 and are interested in applying for a tutoring program with the Institute in your area, please contact [email protected] for more information.
We need your help to outreach to students for this important and free college prep program available at their schools or local libraries or organizations. You can help us through: community presentations; outreach to libraries, sports teams, PTA meetings; door to door canvassing and more. If you are involved in a group that can host a presentation or help us recruit students, please let us know.
"Students must have initiative; they should not be mere imitators. They must learn to think and act for themselves-and be free."--Cesar E. Chavez
Free Tutoring is offered in the following counties:
California: Monterey, Los Angeles, Kern, Tulare, Kings, Riverside, Fresno, Madera
Arizona: Tuscon, Maricopa
Please help us spread the word about this tremendous opportunity!
El Instituto Educacional Cesar E. Chávez Ofrece Tutoría Gratuita Para Estudiantes de CA/AZ.
Por Favor Corra La Voz!
“Una palabra sobre la educación del corazón. No creemos que puede ser impartida a través de libros; solamente puede ser impartida por el contacto cariñoso del maestro.”--Cesar E. Chavez
CesarCesar Chávez tenía una creencia en la educación y sentía fuertemente que la educación desarrollaba a la juventud. El nació de padres quienes le inculcaron la importancia del respeto, el trabajo, y la...