To provide farm workers and other working people with the inspiration and tools to share in society's bounty
Founded in 1962 by Cesar Chavez, the United Farm Workers of America is the nation's first successful and largest farm workers union currently active in 10 states. The UFW continues to organize and represent farm workers, including 27,000 farm workers who labor under union contracts at least one day out of the year. Recent years have witnessed dozens of key UFW union contract victories, among them the largest strawberry, rose, winery and mushroom firms in California and the nation. Many recent UFW-sponsored laws and regulations aide farm workers, including last year when the union convinced California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to issue the first state regulation in the U.S. preventing further heat deaths of farm workers. The UFW is also pushing its historic bipartisan and broadly backed AgJobs immigration reform bill.
Si Se Puede!®
1. Si Se Puede® Attitude: The embodiment of a personal and organizational spirit that promotes confidence, courage and risk taking
2. Innovation: The active pursuit of new ideas
3. Non-Violence: Engaging in disciplined action
4. Empowerment: A fundamental belief in and respect for people
5. **Due to technical issues we can't recieve donations here, but you can donate at: https://secure.ga3.org/08/donation?qp_source=facebook