Improve the Free Culture Everywhere now!
1. What are we doing here/what is the purpose of this group?
We are changing Facebook so it allows us to choose a creative commons licenses for our works (in addition to the old “all rights reserved” license).
2. But, what is Creative Commons?
We have this really good and little summary
3. Why now?
Facebook now is listening to their users. (the reason is explained here http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Why_Now , so we need to get organized and ask for what we believe will improve FB and Internet.
4. But can we do it?
Yes, we think so, and here is an explanation of what could be a way to do it: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Facebook_Licensing
5. But there’s an problem with the current ToS of Facebook?
Yes, we have a problem with the ToS, but as the license given to FB is non-exclusive, we believe we can still do #4. The problem with the license is explained here http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Facebook_ToS
6. What can I do right now?
So you know this is a good thing and you want to help... good, there’s 4 things you can do now:
-You can invite all your fellows CC-fans, we are getting 7000 people here.
here’s why http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Facebook_Group
-Also we have a FB Group, so you can be there also (and invite other people) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55178542061
-Help in the wiki and in the forums.
-Please Join or make your regional facebook group.
7. How I know what is going on?
-we send a message if something important is happen.
-Finally you can ask the administrators.
Old News Here: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/BoRR/News
1. Copyright can be exercised in such a way that it promotes collaborative culture while still protecting the author's legal rights.
2. Collaboration, sharing, re-use, and re-purposing promote innovation and creativity - and should therefore be enabled and encouraged in Facebook.
3. Join the related group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55178542061