To raise awareness for the most underfunded, under-researched and most deadly of all cancers. I want to raise funds for LCA, an org. that puts extra effort in research and helping others.
I started this cause to raise awareness and funds to help the Lung Cancer Alliance organization with research, awareness, and hopefully a cure.
This cause is in memory of all lost to lung cancer (including my mother, grandmother and great aunt) and in honor of those living with this horrific disease...let's raise awareness and find a cure!
No one deserves lung cancer. It's not just a "smoker's disease".
1. LUNG CANCER ... kills more people than breast, prostate, colon, liver, kidney, and melanoma cancers... combined.
2. LUNG CANCER ...is the leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
3. LUNG CANCER ... Over 50% of new cases will be diagnosed at a very late stage (IIIb or IV) & only 15% of them will live for 5 years.
4. LUNG CANCER ... Will kill nearly twice as many women as breast cancer this year.
5. LUNG CANCER ... will kill three times as many men as prostate cancer this year.