Freeing the thousands who are falsely imprisoned in Los Angeles, Califronia
What have the experts said over the past decade?
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report
recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of...”
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
* “…judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2000)
* “This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states… and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted.”
Prof Erwin Chemerinksy, Dean, Irvine Law School (2000)
Please see additional information and sign the petition:
FREE RICHARD FINE
1. Richard Fine is held under false records - he must be immediately released
2. Official reports show that thousands were falsely imprisoned as part of the Rampart scandal (1998-2000) - they must be immediately released.
3. Review of the computerized records of the Sheriff's Department documented routine ongoing false imprisonments - they must be stopped.
4. US and/or international investigation must be instituted of the widespread public corruption in Los Angeles County, California.