Dear Joyful Heart Supporters
Since its inception, Joyful Heart has directly served over 5,000 individuals through our healing and wellness programs, tens of thousands have received life-saving information through our website, and our public awareness and advocacy campaigns have reached tens of millions.
I’m hoping that you will help us with an important initiative. During the past month, we have been competing in the Chase Community Giving contest. In the first round of voting, Joyful Heart finished in 6th place (out of thousands) and received a $25,000 grant. We’re now in the second round of voting – and we have the chance to win $500,000 for our “BIG IDEA” project.
What exactly is our BIG IDEA?
Joyful Heart has embarked on a campaign to end the backlog of untested rapes kits in the United States. Our BIG IDEA is to use the $500,000 towards this effort.
To do this we will:
- Expand endthebacklog.org (the only site that is exclusively dedicated to raising awareness about this issue)
- Publish the first-ever detailed account of how one city, Los Angeles, fixed its backlog
- Partner with Detroit to help end their backlog of 10,000+ rape kits
- Create victim-centered best practices that can be implemented nationwide
In order to win, we need your help! Please:
1. Visit www.fb.com/ChaseCommunityGiving and click LIKE.
2. Browse to www.tinyurl.com/votejoy. Vote for Joyful Heart by giving access to the Chase Community Giving application and clicking the VOTE NOW button.
3. Forward this message to your Facebook connections.
4. Write an email to your friends, family, coworkers and other networks outside of Facebook and let them know how easy it is to support Joyful Heart. Visit www.joyfulheartfoundation.org/chase for sample letters and other ideas on spreading the word.
Voting is underway and runs through Wednesday, May 25th at midnight. With your support, we will win. We’ll also raise critical awareness about the rape kit backlog in the United States.
Thank you so much for your support.
~JHF Communications Team