Children need books. Parents need support. Reach Out and Read does both.
Preparing America’s Youngest Children to Succeed!
Reach Out and Read partners with pediatricians to support literacy from birth by giving new books to children and advice to parents about the importance of reading aloud.
Check out our website at http://www.reachoutandread.org for more information.
How can I help Reach Out and Read?
2. Donate new or gently-used books to your local Reach Out and Read Program.
3. Volunteer in one of Reach Out and Read's literacy-rich waiting rooms or adopt a site of your own!
4. Contact your Member of Congress to support federal funding for Reach Out and Read.
5. Read to your children every day!
• 34% of our nation’s children enter kindergarten without the basic skills they need to read.
• Reach Out and Read serves nearly 4 million children annually, putting books into homes that may have none, and encouraging families to read together.
• Reach Out and Read families will spend an average of 350 hours reading together by the time the child enters kindergarten.
• 61% of children living in low-income families have no age-appropriate books in their homes.
Reach Out and Read, Inc.
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 04-3481253)