It is time for the 6th Annual One Hour Challenge in support of Advocacy For Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc! Since its inception in 2005, with the help of many of you, we have raised a total of over $18,000 for this most worthy organization. We have had people traveling by foot, bike and wheelchair, knitting, gardening, bowling, swimming, baking, and more for their one hour challenge. I know times are tough right now for many, so we are going to have work harder than ever to raise much needed funds for this small but mighty organization. Many of us have spent and continue to spend our days walking the shaky, unknown, insecure tightrope of being a chronically ill patient. We never know when a problem will arise that is beyond our ability to solve. We know we can count on one certainty though. We know that Jennifer Jaff and Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc. will be there for all of us who need it. So, join us for A One Hour Challenge on October 3, 2010 and raise funds for this wonderful organization!
Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc. is a very special organization started by Jennifer Jaff – a lawyer, a ferocious patient advocate and a sufferer of Crohn’s Disease. Her mission is to provide free legal information, advice, and advocacy services to patients with chronic diseases.
Despite her own challenges with Crohn’s Disease, Jennifer manages to help chronically ill patients every day. With her intelligence, empathy, magical touch and unique knowledge of the legal needs of chronically ill patients, Jennifer has changed the lives of many. So, in honor of Jennifer and her organization and chronically ill patients everywhere, I invite you to participate in a fundraiser in support of Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc. Patients with chronic illness face obstacles every day that are unique to their own disease. No one is the same. This fundraiser honors the individuality and ability of chronically ill patients everywhere and wishes to celebrate their potential. On October 3rd, whether you are chronically ill or not, you are invited to find YOUR OWN best potential and participate with us in this fundraiser. It’s so easy. Here is what you have to do:
1. Choose an activity in which you excel. You will devote one hour of your day on October 3, 2010, to this activity. If you want to walk or run, go for it! If you want to dance, get grooving! If you want to walk in place in the comfort of your own living room, then start stepping! You can do yoga or gentle stretching or even meditation. You can even do a little chair boogying if you like. Perhaps baking or doing crafts is what you enjoy. How about reading a great book? You can participate with family and/or friends or on your own. The idea is to find what you do best and do your best at it.
2. Fill out the supplied pledge form with your information (or just make a list of the names and addresses of everybody who is pledging on your behalf so we can send them thank you letters and tax receipts).
3. From now until October 3rd, collect as many pledges from people willing to sponsor you during your One Hour Challenge as possible. Remember, no amount is too small. It all adds up! All checks should be made payable to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc. Please send US funds only. 100% of all the money collected will be donated to this organization and all donations are tax deductible.
4. On October 3rd, choose any one hour of your day and devote that one hour to your chosen activity. During your One Hour Challenge, think of chronically ill patients everywhere and their abilities. Perform to YOUR OWN BEST POTENTIAL in solidarity and in honor of these patients and their every day struggles and triumphs.
5. Mail your donations to me, Barbara Lynn, at 124 Phila Street #7, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Please do not send cash or foreign currency.
Remember: 100% of the money raised will be donated to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc. All...