Raising the issues of women living with & vulnerable to HIV in the U.S. through leadership development, collective action and strategic policy change.
1. There are over 300,000 women living with HIV in the United States.
2. HIV is the leading cause of death among African-American women ages 25 to 34.
3. In 2006 women were 27% of all HIV infections in the U.S., up from 8% in 1984.
4. Yet there has been no organized voice for women living with HIV to advocate for change at a federal level
5. Enter the U.S. Positive Women's Network, a national membership body of HIV positive women.