To raise awareness, educate & unite.
750,000 Palestinians were displaced and 85% of Palestinians living in the areas that became the state of Israel became refugees
531 Palestinian villages, which were depopulated and destroyed, to prevent the return of the refugees.
Today there are a total of 7 million Palestinian refugees, dispersed throughout the world - the largest and longest running refugee problem still unresolved.
Israel continues to occupy and colonize Palestinian land through the construction of Jewish only settlements and the Wall in the West Bank.
Since 1948, Israel regularly violates international law, UN resolutions while committing war crimes, and crimes against humanity.
A RIGHTS-BASED SOLUTION
The three elements of a rights-based solution to the conflict were set out in the July 2005 call by nearly 200 Palestinian civil society organizations for a campaign of boycott, divestment & sanctions (BDS) until Israel complies with international law and:
- Ends the occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantles the Wall;
- Recognizes the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality and;
- Respects, protects and promotes the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes, lands and properties.
1. Palestinian Right of Return and Self-Determination
2. Equal rights, human rights and international law.
3. Organize, mobilize and build a grassroots movement through advocacy, culture and the arts.